Transfer from Keflavik Airport to your hotel in Reykjavik. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Cruise details - Northern Lights and Whales Express Tour 2
Get to know the island of “fire and ice” in autumn on this special journey that gives the opportunity to witness Northern Lights and different species of whales. Look forward to a 5-day-cruise with shore excursions and interesting lectures.
This voyage is also possible in reverse order (Tour 1).
From USD 2,560 p.p. (double occupancy in guaranteed cabin) / USD 3,420 p.p. (double occupancy)
Learn more about our expedition team.
- direct economy flight with Icelandair
- transfer from Keflavik airport to hotel in Reykjavik
- overnight incl. breakfast in Reykjavik (3-star hotel)
- transfer from booked hotel to Reykjavik airport
- flight Husavik – Reykjavik
- transfer from airport to the harbor
- whale watching on RIB Boat
- 3 nights in booked cabin category incl. fullboard
- water, coffee and tea
- Zodiac excursions (weather-dependent)
- Icelandic/English speaking guide
- all presentations from cruise staff and guest speakers
- onboard entertainment program
- Iceland ProCruises Windjacket
- transfer from harbor to Keflavik airport
|A||18 Sep - 22 Sep 2019||19OD16E|
Day 1 Reykjavik/Arrival
Day 2 Reykjavik/Husavik
Transfer from hotel to Reykjavik Airport for your flight to Husavik. Husavik is often called the “Whale watching capital” of Iceland, the town’s offshore waters are home to 15 different whale species, as well as dolphins. Watching these graceful ocean giants in their Arctic habitat is an unforgettable experience. An exciting trip with RIB boats (Rigid Inflatable Boat) to search for the gentle giants awaits you. Lunch onboard the OCEAN DIAMOND.
Day 3 Isafjördur
Today‘s destination is the idyllic town of Isafjordur, capital of the Westfjords region. This secluded peninsula is connected to the rest of Iceland by only a narrow strip of land. Even by Icelandic standards, the area can be described as unusually isolated. The landscape is characterized by mesas and dramatic fjords that cut deep into the landscape.
Day 4 Stykkisholmur
In the morning the OCEAN DIAMOND reaches the small village of Stykkisholmur, the starting point for our explorations of the Snaefellsnes peninsula. Snaefellsnes is also known as “Iceland in miniature” since this region contains nearly all different kind of Icelandic scenery. In the evening the OCEAN DIAMOND leaves Stykkisholmur for the direction of Reykjavik. And again dark clear sky might offer great opportunities for the Northern Lights.
Day 5 Reykjavik/Departure
Transfer to Keflavik Airport for your departure flight.
All routes and excursions are provisional and subject to change.
All Zodiac excursions are weather dependent.